What You’ll Learn
This is a comprehensive course in the many uses of Docker.
From playing to developing, testing to deploying, we’ll cover it all in a way that is easy to understand .
We start with the basics and quickly move into how to use Docker in development.
- Installing Docker
- Getting familiar with the docker command
- Running containers, seeing their intended uses and limitations
- Building and managing images
- New: Build images with BuildKit and Multi-stage builds
- Efficient Dockerfiles
- Using multiple containers
- New: Orchestrating containers with docker-compose version 2 and 3
- Development Workflows
Testing & CI
We use Docker to create a testing and CI process.
- Setting up and controlling Docker with docker-machine
- Installing and configuring Jenkins
- Automating code tests and image builds
- Saving images to private Docker registries, backed by S3
- Creating a CI workflow (automated testing) with Jenkins
- New: Creating a CI/CD workflow with AWS CodeBuild
Docker in production is complex. We’ll see how the latest tooling makes it easier.
- Docker in production on single-hosts
- Using Docker Registry notifications
- What docker swarm is and how to use it
- Advanced Docker networking
- Building a multi-server production environment
- Automating rolling deployments
- New: A complete CI/CD pipeline using Amazon ECS with Blue/Green deployments